Monday, September 14, 2009

My Name..The Human Puzzle Piece

The Human Puzzle Piece

My names a strange, unique name. No real meaning behind it. Emptiness. There wasn’t a spicy flavor to it. I’ve always hated my mom, for calling me a tongue twisting name. People could never pronounce it; it was like a baby trying to say its first words. I have always wondered why they never could. Its only 2 syllables, with 8 letters. How hard is that? But I guess, I don’t really blame them. Everyone’s different. And I guess, that’s what makes me an individual. My name. My life has always been about making my name a personality, since it didn’t have one of its own. I knew that it wasn’t going to come like magic. I was responsible for doing it myself.

For instance, every time my mom hears my name, in a car, it always reminds her of my signature quote of “ SELT BELTS.” This leads to how paranoid I am about the safety of my friends and family. Also showing that my name is like a lion, protecting her cubs. And like a baby cub, I love to fiddle with objects non-stop. My mom calls my hands, “the itchy ones.” Always tickling.

From time to time, I never know who I am. I’m always two different kinds of personalities around certain people. Which makes me unsure of who I am. Am I a shy girl? Or am I a hyper girl? This shows that my name is like a flickering light. Sometimes I’m dim and that’s the shy part of me. And sometimes I’m the bright and that’s the hyper part of me. And these personality’s, really leaps out from my name.

Besides, my name isn’t all too imperfect. Sometimes I really love my name. And there are some positive qualities. Its fun to know that I might be the only person in the whole world that might, have my 2 syllable, 8 letter name. It’s just like a thumb print. No one will ever have the same one. Also having a name like mine, means that sometimes, people make up fun silly nick names. Like….. Shazam, Shazzeh, Shazzy, Shazinator, Sharaws, the list could go on forever. This makes my name entertaining. As well, it’s nice to hear my name seems appealing to some people. It allure’s a smile to my face.

So although my name is hard to pronounce and I may be the only person who has it, and I may be two personalities, I know that, that makes up me. It puts all the pieces together. like one big puzzle. Which all shows my name, and how I fit it. And I know that can never change. So that’s me. Shazreen.

Picture: http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/yellow-smiley-blue-smileys.jpg

By: Vicki McClure Davidson

Why I selected the picture: I chose the picture, because it reminds me a lot of myself. It shows how I don’t mind to be different, and that’s the yellow smiley smiling brightly. It also displays that my name is a bit out there, and the blue smiley reminds me of space, and the yellow smiley is out there, floating wondering where to go. The picture shows my personality. In my story, I said that I was sometimes HYPER and sometimes shy. And the blue smiley shows the shyness, and the yellow smiley shows me HYPER and smiling widely.


1 comment:

Claire said...

Fantastic! Great voice. Imagery works really well to breathe life into this piece. Compelling word choice. I was sad it ended!