Saturday, May 23, 2009

making a difference to our Earth..


One day, while driving to school, I looked out the window. There was a river. And in the river, was trash. Lots of it. And it made me think, why people would do this. Do they like seeing this everyday? Do they like seeing our world, polluted with trash? Our world is being destroyed, every minute. And we are the ones causing it. If we don't do anything to solve it, we won't have a earth every much longer. We have to start picking up our acts, and do something. 

I think I could make a difference, by making sure I have turned off the lights if, I am not in a room. Because leaving lights on when your not in a room, is just wasting electricity. Also if I have papers, I don't want or need anymore, I could just bring it to school, and put it in that green box. Actually I already, kinda do that. Because if you just throw away, paper, then it can't be recycled, and if it doesn't get recycled then, they have to cut down more trees, to make even MORE paper. Another reason is, recycling MORE PLASTIC. It takes forever for plastic to disintegrate. And it should be recycled so it doesn't have to end up in the land fills. At school their are many plastic bottles bins. Its there for a reason. Use IT. Or instead of buying a new water bottle every time, just reuse the same one. There are many more reasons why, but these are just my thoughts. 

2 comments:

Selena Putri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Selena Putri said...

Hey Shaz,
I loved that new blog post. I love your beginning about seeing the trash in the river and it's true, who wants to see this everyday? Why don't we help our planet. Plus, the future is in our hands- our decisions are what make the future. It could be ten times worse than how it is now in a few years, and it is already just revolting to see all that trash scattered everywhere. There are about 2 or 3 errors with spelling but over all, I thought it was short and clear. Great Job! Oh and I'm just doing this because I am bored... :) BYE! xoxo